Thursday, July 18, 2013

Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Toothbrush Product Review

Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush




My Star Rating: 5 Stars out of 5 = I Love It

My Summary Statement: Much Improved Over Former Models - Love It!,

My few years old Sonicare is finally dying, the battery is lasting only about 48 hours total. I was thrilled to try the latest model of the Sonicare: HX9110/02.

Improvements over the former model that are most important to me are:

3 brushing intensities: high, medium and low (not 2 as in the former model)

3 modes of cleaning: basic cleaning for plaque removal, whitening (new to this model, love this) and gum cleaning (not sure I need to use this)

New pressure sensor: If you press too hard it will change in vibration and a sound change to let you know you need to ease up.

Easy Start: When using high intensity brush mode (which I do not use), it gradually intensifies the pressure over 14 days so your gums are not shocked and wrecked in the process of adjusting to using the Sonicare.

Features on both this model and the older model:

Quadpacer: beep and a pause to indicate you need to shift brushing to the next quadrant of your mouth.

Smarttimer: When turned on it brushes for 2 minutes then stops at the end.

Not advertised but very much appreciated: the brush attaches with a different style and this means the old problem of mildew and mold growing inside the toothbrush head cannot occur! When I moved from New England to Houston my old Sonicare instantly started growing mold which was just nasty. After using all kinds of cleaning methods including Q-Tips and hydrogen peroxide I discovered a $3 set of silicone sheaths here on Amazon and bought them to use. They helped lock out 95% of the moisture and the mold only grew a bit. I am THRILLED that this new style of brush does not have a large hollow shaft that moisture gets trapped in which can grow mildew.

I really liked and loved the old Sonicare despite its mold issue shortcoming so I absolutely love this new model which has new features and prevents the mold growing problem.

I rate this product 5 stars = I Love It.

Disclosure: I received one unit of this product from Amazon.com for the purpose of reviewing it for the Vine program and publishing the review on Amazon.com. I was not under obligation to review it favorably, to blog the review, nor was I paid to review this product.

No comments: