Sunday, January 29, 2012

Race to Nowhere: DVD When?



It's time this movie gets to DVD so it can spread to others who have not been able to see it yet. This movie needs to be available for instant streaming on Netflix and Amazon.com. It needs to be on HBO and Showtime and available "on demand" from the cable company.

Producers, enough is enough with the private screenings. You have shared your concerns with only a fraction of people who live in those areas and had time that night to drive sometimes an hour to see the movie. Now the rest of America needs to have a chance to see it.

Please?

Update: I saw the movie. My husband needs to see it. I want to see it again.  I'd like my grade nine homeschooled son to see it. Each day more and more kids are dealing with anxiety and more are going on medications. Think of the kids, when you ponder if it's time to keep up the traveling roadshow or if it's time to let it go to DVD.

5 comments:

Roman said...

Absolutely! It's ridiculous at this point!

Race to Nowhere Team said...

The Educational Tool Kit and DVD will be released to schools, institutions and organizations with interest this week. The focus will continue to be on using the film as a vehicle to bring people together to spark dialogue and change. We are still working to find a broadcaster interested in the film. Feel free to contact our office if you'd like to help.

Race to Nowhere Team said...

The Educational Tool Kit and DVD will be released this week keeping the focus on using the film as a vehicle to bring people together to spark dialogue and change. We are working on finding a broadcaster interested in the film. Feel free to call our office if you have other questions.

Susan Silver Dill said...

I've inquired about getting this to show to our homeschool group. I'll let you know what they say...

Julie Van Der Laan said...

I saw the documentary a few years ago in Long Beach, CA. I was truely blown away of how the teenagers, shown in the film, are under so much pressure to compete for the best grades and to maintain a high GPA and all of the homework and extracurricular activities that the schools and parents demand from them. I don't think the parents understood what there kids were going through and hopefully parents, like them, will get the message loud and clear. I had no idea how much stress our teenagers are under just to stay on top but after watching and being educated on this subject, I at least will do everything in my power as a mother of of nine year old, to do whatever I can to help him get through his high school years. I wish there was a sequel to this documentary that sheds light on what parents can do to help there teens deal with the pressures of making the grade (no pun intended).