Thursday, December 22, 2011
Starbucks Natural Fusions Cinnamon Flavored Coffee Product Review
My Rating: 2 Stars out of 5: I Don’t Like It
Summary Statement: Rank and Bitter
Why I thought I’d enjoy this coffee:
1. My daily coffee is Starbucks French Roast (extra bold), which some call bitter but which I don't find bitter.
2. I love cinnamon.
3. I loved the Starbucks Natural Fusions Vanilla Flavored Coffee.
4. It’s winter and it seemed like it would be a good time to try something different.
I don’t like this coffee and give it 4 stars.
1. It is “rank”, a term my grandmother used to describe “too much” cinnamon (or “too much” molasses). Rank is the perfect word for this.
2. It is bitter and to be palatable I had to double my normal amount of sugar.
Yes, I did play around with the amount of grounds to use to make the coffee (in my French press). As I used less coffee grounds it just went watery and did not turn into “not bitter” and “a non-overpowering cinnamon bad taste”.
I also tried this iced which actually was a bit more palatable and interesting.
I’m disappointed in this cinnamon flavor, to say the least and am going back to Starbucks French Roast.
Disclosure: I purchased this coffee. For my blog’s full disclosure statement see the link near the top of my blog’s sidebar.