Thursday, December 22, 2011

Starbucks Natural Fusions Cinnamon Flavored Coffee Product Review



My Rating: 2 Stars out of 5: I Don’t Like It

Summary Statement: Rank and Bitter

Why I thought I’d enjoy this coffee:

1. My daily coffee is Starbucks French Roast (extra bold), which some call bitter but which I don't find bitter.

2. I love cinnamon.

3. I loved the Starbucks Natural Fusions Vanilla Flavored Coffee.

4. It’s winter and it seemed like it would be a good time to try something different.

I don’t like this coffee and give it 4 stars.

Why?

1. It is “rank”, a term my grandmother used to describe “too much” cinnamon (or “too much” molasses). Rank is the perfect word for this.

2. It is bitter and to be palatable I had to double my normal amount of sugar.

Yes, I did play around with the amount of grounds to use to make the coffee (in my French press). As I used less coffee grounds it just went watery and did not turn into “not bitter” and “a non-overpowering cinnamon bad taste”.

I also tried this iced which actually was a bit more palatable and interesting.

I’m disappointed in this cinnamon flavor, to say the least and am going back to Starbucks French Roast.

Disclosure: I purchased this coffee. For my blog’s full disclosure statement see the link near the top of my blog’s sidebar.

1 comment:

I'm just saying: said...

I bought the fusion caramel and it was AWFUL. My ds said it smelled like garbage!