Thursday, June 16, 2011

Boundaries and Letting Go

Someone I know posted on Facebook today about finding boundaries and learning to let go. She recently ended a romantic relationship with a person. Something about her statement implied this boundary learning and letting go is a one time lesson we learn. It prompted me to reply with my own experience:

Since boundaries seem to be different with each person I find this a thing that is ongoing all the time, and not a one time lesson. With each different type of relationship (romantic ones or other types) the path is unique and we must learn a new boundary and how to dissolve them. Depending on the situation with the person it can be a small letting go or a deeper more difficult connection to handle letting go of.

I hear you. Hope you are well.

2 comments:

musicalmary said...

I have been reading a book called Margin - speaks to this topic! Great and quick read!

Valerie @ My-2-cents said...

I am a new GFC follower from http://my-2-cents.blogspot.com

I am currently hosting a review/giveaway for The Well Planned Day planner. As a homeschooler I love it. Feel free to join and/or share with you readers. Sorry I didn't see a contact me link to send this to you offline but it's a great Homeschoolers planner.