Monday, May 16, 2011

Houston Here We Come

I'll cut right to the chase.

We are thrilled! My husband has been offered a job in Texas and we are moving!

The worry about an uncertain future is over and our sights are set on closing one chapter of our life, and moving on to the next.

I'll continue to be a mother-at-home and the kids will continue to be homeschooled. Connecticut is a great state to homeschool in but Texas is even better. It's easier to homeschool there than here, with zero ambiguity in the homeschool law and they have no wishy-washy "suggested procedure" in a "guideline" attached to a law like Connecticut does. Additionally, Texas has a large number of homeschoolers. I am happy to go to a place where homeschooling is more commonplace and where it is more socially acceptable.

It's not an immediate shift in lifestyle though. My husband is moving there now by himself and I and the kids are staying behind in order to prepare the house to sell (including overseeing some painting and work on the house) and to pack up. I have a lot of work to do, starting with decluttering as we will most likely purchase a smaller home with next to no storage.

I have a lot of work to do now and I'm already busy doing it. I plan to try to keep blogging but if it gets spotty I hope you will understand.

10 comments:

C T said...

Congratulations! That's great news. :)

JC said...

You are the second blogger I read regularly who has moved to Texas. I wish you well with all the packing and organizing while trying to keep up the homeschooling.

dstb said...

Christine,
I am happy to hear that your husband has a new job! Great news!

Although change can be hard, it also offers wonderful opportunities and a chance to start over (I am thinking of the freedom of an uncluttered house!)

Best of luck as you get ready for the move!

Sarah

Ellen said...

We used to live in the same state and only recently moved to another lower cost Midwest state. (same reasons too - financial)We also homeschool. It's been a difficult journey (culture shock & being homesick), yet it has also opened up many new and unexpected opportunities for which we are very grateful to God. I'll pray that your house sells soon and that you can adjust quickly once you get to Texas.

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Congratulations! I know you're relieved to have this decision made! I pray that all goes well with the moving process.

Judy Aron said...

Many congratulations and much good luck in your new journey! Hope it all goes smoothly. many hugs to you and your family and thanks for being an amazing homeschool resource in CT!

Crimson Wife said...

Congrats & good luck on the big move.

livnletlrn said...

Whew, it must be a relief to have a plan set in motion now. Exciting too! Wishing you all the best in Texas!

Henry Cate said...

We have several friends in Texas. Everyone seems to enjoy living there. I hope you and your family have a great time there.

floridakotan said...

Congrats! Prayers and best wishes as you embrace this new adventure!