Saturday, December 18, 2010

Some Interesting Looking Books on Science, Learning, & Math

I saw these on the bookshelves at MIT's campus bookstore: The Coop a few weeks ago.

I jotted down the titles to investigate later to see which are worth reading and/or buying.

Mind Hacks: Tips & Tricks for Using Your Brain by Tom Stafford



















See What I'm Saying: The Extraordinary Powers of Our Five Senses by Rosenblum



















Head First Physics: A Learner's Companion to Mechanics and Practical... by Lang (and others in this series for science)
















The Manga Guide to Physics by Nitta et al




















Hot X: Algebra Exposed by McKellar
















A Whole New Mind: Why the Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Pink (a friend told me about this a couple of years ago now that I think of it)
















How to Be a High School Superstar a Revolutionary Plan to... by Newport

















Think Smart a Neuroscientist's Prescription for Improving... by Restak

















What is Quantum Mechanics a Physics Adventure 2nd edition by Transnational College of LEX

















What is DNA a Biology Adventure by Transnational College of LEX  (and look for other titles by these authors)

















Master Math Algebra by Ross (and others in this series)


















Head Case How I Almost Lost My Mind Trying to Understand My Brain by Cass


















Head First Algebra a Learner's Guide to Algebra I by Pilone (and other this series for math)

2 comments:

Crimson Wife said...

The Daniel Pink book is excellent, I highly recommend it! My oldest likes the Manga Guide to Physics though it's a bit over her head right now.

dstb said...

I recently read the Cal Newport book, How to be a High School Superstar. You may also like another of his books called How to Become a Straight-A Student. It is geared towards college students, but has some organizational tips that I wish I had thought of.

Also, he has a blog called Study Hacks that has some interesting reading.

Sarah