Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Amazing Blog Post

Speechless after reading this, mostly as I felt this way in the past especially during former joblessness of my husband and also in times of grief and mourning over dying or recently deceased loved ones. And again now that unemployment hit our home again. Our lives were never like what this woman's was but the basic feeling is the same. This is a powerful piece of writing and gives much food for thought.

Seeing Past What It Seems

Hat Tip: Post found on a blog of a woman who I met through the local homeschooling community who now blogs about her battle with Breast Cancer: Hiking Up Hill.

4 comments:

dstb said...

Her post reminded me of this video called "Get Service"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeXxkbgCVE

Sarah

JC said...

Thanks for sharing the link to that post. It is so incredibly powerful! Our situation has never been as scary as the one the writer describe but we have gone through many tough times too. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel ~ I hope that you see it soon too.

Tea

Big and Little said...

Thanks for the link. Super powerful. I have shared it too.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I am coming out of lurkdom just to thank you for this link. It is powerful, and so very eloquent that even the sequence of pictures alone tells the story.

There have been many times that I have wished that I could have put a sign on my son when he was younger, and had not been taught to pretend to be normal.

I have not been as aware this fall--there have been several events that have taken their toll here--so I have not been as aware of what is going on in the lives of my Blog Friends. I am sorry for that, and for the present troubles in your family. May you be strengthened and know that you are definitely not alone!