Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kids Think the Darndest Things

Today my ten year old son walked up to me while I was cleaning the kitchen and said, "I always wondered what Dad's face would look like if he came home from work and said he'd been fired."

Such a funny thing for a kid to think about.

Well he found out last night.

The word is there will be more rounds to come. Maybe they'll wait until a few days before Christmas or Hanukkah for future rounds?

As for me I can't believe we're going through this again. I'm thinking about what course of action to take, if we'll do what we did the last time around (patiently wait and try to remain hopeful). What new paths must be forged. Should drastic action be taken? How fast should we make bold moves?

We're willing to move almost anywhere for a decent position with some kind of job security.

I've already started looking at job postings.

My mind is swirling with confusion.

So far nothing I do seems to help, prayer included.

Sigh.

Well if nothing else it's another litmus test for my husband I to see who our real friends are. The ones who scatter were never worth having in the first place...

6 comments:

sm said...

oh,yuck. i've lived through that, three times.

the first time, dh came home in the middle of the day while my mother & aunt were visiting. i asked: "why are you home? you didn't lose your job, did you?!"
he told me: no. and asked me to talk to me privately...
then told me he had indeed lost his job.

it's hard.
you tell yourself that something good, something better will come out of it. but it's hard to believe in the middle of it.
i hope this uneasy time passes soon.

Welcome!!! said...

Praying for you and your family.

christinethecurious said...

Will pray.
Christine in Mass

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Oh, what a tough place to be during the holidays. My prayer is that God will grant you peace during this difficult time of transition.

Sandra Foyt said...

I'm so sorry. Sending hopes & prayers for good news, FAST!

C T said...

Not fun. I really appreciate all the information you share in your blog, and I hope that your husband is able to get a new job soon.
Best wishes!