Wednesday, October 27, 2010

You Pick the Title

While feeling so stressed about homeschooling and future college admissions and homeschool co-op's and over-scheduling a little voice in the back of my head was trying to tell me that what's important is raising my children. It was trying to tell me to think about the Big Picture, and who my kids are as people and that their education is just one part of thier childhood lives, and to not obsess over making perfect choices for their education.

A weight has been lifted from my shoulders after making big decisions earlier this week, which I blogged about yesterday.

Today my friend, who I met through Cub Scouts seven years ago, emailed me this photo she took of my older son taken at the 2010 Boy Scout National Jamboree held at Fort AP Hill in Virginia, when she was there visiting her son. This was our son's first time out of state away from home and it was twelve nights total.  This was just before his thirteenth birthday. My husband and I felt our older son grew up a bit on this trip and he had a fantastic time. Just two days ago he said to me, out of the blue, that he wished he could go back to Jambo right then, since he had such a great time.

A picture says a thousand words.

So pick your title for this post:

It Looks Like I've Done a Good Job Raising This Kid So Far

No Matter What his SAT II or AP Test or SAT Test Scores Are, He'll Be Alright

Reminder: We're Raising Our Children Not Just Homeschooling Them

He's My Son Not Just My Student

It Matters Who Are Kids Are as People, Not Just How They Look on Paper

Attachment Parenting Works

Homeschooling Kids Are Well-Adjusted



1 comment:

Love 2B Homeschoolers said...

“Stop Making Yourself Crazy... He's Going to Turn Out Fine.”