Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fun with ShapeScapeS


I discovered this cool thing (toy or art material -- you decide) at the gift shop at The Metropolitan Museum of Art and just had to buy it immediately. It is called ShapeScapeS Sculpture in a Box (which is actually a cylinder).

Over 90 pieces of durable plastic interlock in hundreds if not thousands of ways. Some shapes look like arms with hands and some other body parts and something that might be a fish head. Most are odd shapes that could be anything or might be nothing specific at all. There are a few rings which are intended to help convert a sculpture into a mobile.

There is a really small pamphlet with the product giving a couple of ideas--this is not a step-by-step make-it-this-way-only thing (thank goodness).

As soon as I opened this my kids went wild. I can see playing around with this for hours.

This would be fun to leave out in a family room. I'd love to see some adults dig in and play around with it. I bet no two people would make the same thing.

Fun, fun, fun.










Disclosure: I was not paid to review or blog about this product. For my blog's full disclosure statement see the link at the top of my blog's sidebar.

No comments: