Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowstorm Photos

My twelve year old announced the snow finally began Saturday night after he stepped out onto the front stoop.










At 2:30 in the morning the town plow woke me up. I got up to see how much had fallen. The only light was from our floodlights, and our neighbors. We have to leave them on so the driveway plow guy can see where he is going. He usually plows before sunrise.

It seemed to me the tall oaks were standing guard over our home, in our front yard.









When I woke up this is what I saw outside the kitchen window.

(My sons hung the angel ornament there for me to see when I wash dishes.)




Not exactly the weather to be lounging on the deck!



The view out the front door. The holly was full of snow.



The view from my bedroom window. I guess the snow blew in from the south.



The view out the other bedroom window. The rock wall is pretty much buried in snow drifts.







2 comments:

mistiparnell said...

hello~nice to meet u..............................

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Oh, I am enjoying your delight at the snowstorm. We still have snow on the ground here from the storm on December 8. Just a half-inch has fallen since then, on December 13 in the evening.

Hoping for another storm. I love them. But the Boychick says, "Wait until January."