Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One Son Has H1N1

In case you didn't see my tweet in my blog's sidebar yesterday my 12 year old son was diagnosed with H1N1, verified by culture. He's on Tamiflu plus the over-the-counter meds for cough and fever reducers.

I'm busy tending to him so my blogging may be light.

His first symptom was at bedtime on Sunday, sick all day Monday getting worse with each hour. Diagnosed Tuesday morning and Tamiflu began at noon. By evening it was apparent his symptoms were already subsiding. He woke up today fever-free. A wonderful sign.

I also taught myself canning this week and made one batch of jam. I have ripe fresh fruit that I'd like to preserve this week. Another reason that blogging may be light...

I'm hoping I also don't contract H1N1, and that my 9 year old doesn't get it either.

We're on quarantine here.

So that's what's happening in my family this week.

3 comments:

Wendy Hawksley said...

Take care of your family! Wishing everyone the best of health, and that the illness runs its course quickly, and leaves the rest of you alone.

Crimson Wife said...

Hope he feels better soon & that the rest of you stay healthy!

Welcome!!! said...

Hoping you all are feeling better soon and that jam making doesn't create the mess in your house that it did in mine last year! :) Get well soon!!!