Sunday, June 28, 2009

Vietnamese Shrimp Pops with Peanut Sauce



I have no idea why pork is not mentioned in the title. These are small pork burgers with shrimp in them, grilled on a skewer hence the recipe creator called them pops.

My husband found this recipe online here: Vietnamese Shrimp Pops with Peanut Sauce.



The sauce tasted to me like the sauce on Cold Sesame Noodles from the Chinese take-out restaurant.

My husband and I agreed the recipe is a keeper. These are delicious and a nice change to regular old hamburgers or turkey burgers on the grill. Next time we intend to make them larger but to be careful to cook well-done throughout (for health safety reasons) and we'll leave them off the stick.

The recipe appears in Weber Grill's newest grilling cookbook: Weber's Way to Grill by Jamie Purviance which I'll be buying as a belated Father's Day gift for my husband, the Weber charcoal grill lover. (Hey the marketing idea worked, putting a free recipe online made my husband find it which led to me realizing a new cookbook was published and led to me buying it!)

2 comments:

livnletlrn said...

OMG, that sounds fabulous. We use spicy peanut sauce on all sorts of things, from salad to pasta to grilled chicken. Yum!

Love 2B Homeschoolers said...

Yum! Looking forward to trying those.