Monday, May 25, 2009

Flashback to Six Years Ago


Here is my older son, then he was 5.5 years old, this was May 2003.


Happy kid, eh? That's thanks to loving parents, attachment parenting and homeschooling I'm sure.
Back then I was sure that if I'd sent him to Kindergarten (eight hour a day program in our town), at age 5 years and 2 weeks he'd have been labeled ADD. This kid is not an ADD kid believe me. He needed a bit more time to play and do his own thing and so we unschooled then and did great stuff but not much formal academics in homeschool Kindergarten.

1 comment:

Homeschool said...

Dear Thinking Mother,
That's it! I have to meet you. I have been reading your blog for about 6 months, have been homeschooling for 1 year in Wilton CT, have my kids in a wilderness program every Monday and am interested in eating wild plants! So you have an open invitation to come for an Aussie BBQ at my home with children and husband of course! I might even find something in the wild to BBQ?!!

Cheers,
Cat
homeschoolontherun.com