Sunday, December 21, 2008

Triple Chocolate Biscotti Recipe, Ideal for Chocoholics


The other day I made chocolate biscotti from scratch for the first time. Why go for a more plain old chocolate biscotti when I could make TRIPLE chocolate biscotti? I found this recipe by Sean Paajanen on the About.com site: Triple Chocolate Biscotti. It is triple chocolate because it has unsweetened cocoa in the batter, it has chocolate chips in the dough then melted chocolate is drizzed over the finished biscotti.

The batter is so rich---can you tell?



These are a bit soft and I would classify them as a more American type biscotti as compared to the very crunchy more traditional Italian biscotti that almost demand dunking into a liquid before attempting to eat them. These Triple Chocolate Biscotti are just soft enough to eat as they are, without dunking.

Notes on my ingredients:

I used my favorite chocolate chips, Ghirardelli 60% cacao chips, which are a more bittersweet and rich chocolate than "semi-sweet" and definately richer than milk chocolate chips.

For the unsweetened cocoa I used Dagoba brand Organic Cacao (which is unsweetened). Read more of what I have to say about that product here.





If you want to see more of the baking I've done from scratch and see what other biscotti recipes I've tried, click on the label below 'my favorite recipes'.

Technorati Tags: , , , , .

2 comments:

Mary said...

I make a lot of biscotti and these look delicious. I'll have to give them a try!

Sharon said...

My dd and I made some very similar biscotti for Christmas presents. The cocoa was replaced by melted chocolate chips, and instead of a chocolate drizzle, we dipped them in melted white chocolate, then into sprinkles.

They were very well received.