Friday, September 19, 2008

Defining Personhood, Thinking and Language

Amanda Baggs is smarter than a lot of people I know despite the fact that she has the diagnosis of Autism. Watch this and listen to what she says--all of it---the last sentences are very important. The concept of what Ms. Baggs is saying is probably not able to be grasped by a large number of Americans. I certainly hope you can grasp it.

There is a lot to think about here. So much that contemplating this overwhelms me and makes me upset.

Amanda Baggs has Autism and is non-verbal, she communicates in English language by typing words into a program that reads aloud her writings.



Relevant Links

My past blog post from April 2008 of Amanda Baggs video "Being an Unperson".

Amanda Bagg’s blog

Amanda Bagg’s About page


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , .

1 comment:

The Mocha Mom said...

That is so touching- I have two nephews and a friend's son all whom have Aspberger's Syndrome- a form of autism. Thank you for trying to educate others. I for one appreciate it.