Friday, June 20, 2008

For The Record I'm Sick of Quarantine

I have had enough of this quarantine.

I have been quarantined since Saturday at bedtime when I realized that I had chicken pox as did my younger son.

One thing I have not done is RELAXED. However having realized that today the whole idea of not relaxing while sick and in quarantine seems ludicrious. What is wrong with me for not taking the opportunity to relax?

Well before the quarantine, I had been running around being too busy. So when I was stuck home I figured it was time to do all that needed doing. Unpacking the cooler, putting away the camping supplies and emptying all the tote bags from the outings. Next up was doing laundry. Then how about finally finishing the big playroom reorganization and decluttering. Next up how about tackling my older son's bedroom? How about clearing the science experiments, craft projects and art supplies off the dining room table? Then do a whole house general cleaning. Add in some weeding and tending to the little veggie and herb garden. Pepper in with all of that, staying on top of email, blogging and phoning friends to complain that we have chicken pox and itch. Wow how time flies.

Oh throw in that we are eating all three meals here and snacks, all that work and clean up has to be done. And add in kids in the house all day and night and keeping on top of taking out and putting away and cleaning up after everything they do all that time. Phew, it is exhausting.

This is day six of the quarantine. I have had enough.

I want to relax.

I want to veg in front of the TV and watch dumb shows or movies. Read books and magazines. Just veg out and rest and relax. It is not going to happen.

The still undone projects nag at me. With all this 'spare time' on hand I keep telling myself, "Take advantage of this time! Do the things you have been putting off or did want to do but didn't have time to do!"

The perfectionist in me is rearing her head. She can't sit and watch a movie with clutter around as the clutter is distracting and she makes me feel guilty for wanting to relax when stuff should get done.

Yes I feel tortured today.

Oh and I got a sunburn on my shoulders and arms last Saturday. Bad. Then on Wednesday I got chicken pocks on top of the sore sunburn. Itching and scratching on top of the sunburn--ouch. Now today those pocks are scabbed over but my skin is all blistered up and it is starting to peel and have that other kind of itch. Ugh.

I need to find some gratitude today or I will be put into a really bad mood!

I found three new itchy pocks on me today so that means quarantine for me must continue today. When will this be over???

The kids are not suffering too badly, that's why this post is not full of how they feel and instead is all about me. The kids are sick of me having them help clean and declutter and me being on top of them about picking up their bedrooms.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Oh, I really sorry you're having to go through this. I had it when I was too young to remember, but I have a scar in my left eyebrow from it. I understand it's much worse when you're older. My oldest had it when he was 15 & it was real torture for him. He was covered--literally--from the top of his head to his toes. He would definitely sympathize with you.

Maybe you can find something to help here:
http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Chicken-Pox.html