Friday, June 20, 2008

Book "The Edison Trait" Republished with New Title

"The Edison Trait" by Lucy Jo Palladino PhD has been republished under a new title: "Dreamers, Discoverers & Dynamos: how to thelp the child who is bright, bored and having problems in school".



I first heard of this book on the website for Quick Study Labs. I thought it sounded like my older son. I put off buying the book as I was trying to save money. Then I went to buy it recently and saw it was out of print. I was so disappointed that I'd missed buying it for a decent price. The used copies on Amazon back then were far more expensive than the cover price of the new book. I wondered if the book was being revised and expanded.

I was thrilled to find it accidentially while on Amazon looking at another title. While shopping for a book on right brained learners this title came up as a suggested book to buy along with the other book.

My new copy of "Dreamers..." just arrived and it says on the cover "formerly titled "The Edison Trait" ". I see the copyright date is 1999. Therefore I am assuming this is the same content as "The Edison Trait", no where does it say it was revised and expanded or updated.

You can read an article by the author of the book on the Quick Study Lab site if you are curious what the book is about. Go to this page then click on "The Edison Trait" in the left sidebar to navigate to the article.

Quick Study Labs is an online electronics course that students including homeschoolers can take. The course is designed by a college professor whose own children are homeschooled.

I have not read the book yet so I can't give you my impressions of the book. I have no clue also how this relates to right brained learners either.



Technorati Tags: , .

2 comments:

Havah said...

Hello!
I recently also found this book while desperately seeking answers as to why my otherwise very bright (sometimes "scary-smart") 3 1/2 year-old son was speech delayed. I'm in the process of reading it, but he does display a lot of the traits of a dynamo (my dad is classic "dreamer" and my brother, classic "discoverer", so there is family pattern). My research has also lead me to something called the "Einstein Syndrome," (when otherwise very smart kids have trouble with remedial milestones such as speech). In any case, I'm trying to connect with other homeschool moms who have divergent-thinking kids to share ideas. Just thought I'd let you know that you have readers who identify! Thank you for speaking out.

christinemm said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. It inspired my blog post yesterday. Check it out as I recommend a fairly new book that has teaching and study tips for v-s learners.