Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Milestone Today

Today was our Cub Scout Pack's Blue & Gold Dinner. It is over and done with as I write this.

I got sick last night after dinner and was really out of it today, and feverish too. I had left the Wolf advancement rank ceremony planning until the last minute. I found two ceremonies on the web today, mixed them together and whittled them down while in a brain fog. It came out alright.

I should have been in bed but I had to go to the dinner. How could I have spent the last five years in Scouting and volunteering and not see my older son cross over today? And not be the one who grants my Wolf Cubs their rank? Staying home was not an option. The Committee Chair did express that my dedication in that is a sign of a committed Scout Leader. I agree.

So today...

Younger son received his Wolf rank.

Older son received his last Webelos pins (he earned all of them), thus earned his Super Achiever Award, and the Arrow of Light. He has finished his Webelos II year and crossed over the bridge to his new Boy Scout Troop. So I now have a boy who is a Boy Scout.

(I just need to pause and contemplate that for a moment.)

As of tonight, my husband finished his Webelos II year and is now relieved of his Den Leadership duties. Unless he takes on a new position that will end four years of service with Cub Scouting for him.

This week it is full steam ahead with the new Boy Scout Troop's Court of Honor which happens to be a family pot luck dinner in which we have to bring an entree that represents our ethnic background and cultural heritage.

Both boys have physicals this week so they can have their Scout Camp health clearance.

This is a very busy time of the year for Scouting families!

1 comment:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Congratulations!

N. has been a Scout for two years now, and I still marvel at what he is learning on his way to Eagle Scout.

I just scheduled the physical for N.'s scout camp this summer. It doesn't seem like two years have gone by since the last one!