Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why Sudoku is a Good Thing (For People of All Ages)

Our family plays with this electronic version of Sudoku called the “Illuminated Mega Sudoku” which I actually bought for my husband to play.



I’m looking for a paper version which is super-easy as my seven year old keeps trying to play but our electronic Sudoku is not easy enough. I am sure when he gets the hang of the very easy version he will be able to use the electronic one without relying on the electronic prompts that tell if you have made an error.

Here are some articles about the benefits of playing Sudoku (for children and adults both).

Surprising Benefits Of Becoming A Sudoku Addict

Sudoku – The Hottest Puzzle Craze Since Rubik’s Cube

Why Sudoku Can Be Good For You

Sudoku Mental Skills - Why Sudoku Is Good For Your Kids

Technorati Tags: , .

5 comments:

Cellista said...

We love sudoku here too. Try www.dailysudoku.com for easier sudoku puzzles for kids. There are lots of 6x6 puzzles in the archives. My 7yo likes these.

Kristiana

Homeschool Help Web said...

Here's a good site for kids:

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/sudoku_for_kids.htm

I used the instructions there to figure out the sudoku thing myself, LOL! Then I've used it to print simple ones to teach my daughter. She can do the full ones now if they're not too hard.

Crimson Wife said...

Check your local bookstore for kids' sudoku books. My 5 yr old likes doing 4x4 puzzles.

carolina said...

You should visit http://www.domo-sudoku.com if you are looking for sudoku puzzles for kids. My students like to play the 16x16 version. Last time, it took me 4 hours on the train to complete just one !

Bruce Fredman said...

Hi,
We at Chessboss.com strongly believe in necessity of chess to increase both knowledge and understanding. It is unfortunate that the oldest game in the world (Chess) has a very little fan base, ChessBoss.com aims to change that. We understand the importance of blogs and the information made available on them. We are working towards building a strong fan base around our FREE chess server to better increase the use of Chess online. Your blog seems to have a large viewing public and seems to hold great information which I would love to make available to my viewing public.

I have included the code for the ChessBoss.com banner within the body of this email along with textual link information. I would be pleased to offer you the ChessBoss.com featured blogger badge to post on your site, recognizeing your blog as a leading contributor to the Chess community. Thank you for your great work and dedication, we look forward to your response!Please reply me back with subject line of your Url to avoid spam and to make sure YOU get the Award.

Thank you.