Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My Contractions Bingo Game

I decided to share my contractions Bingo game with you in case you want to make your own game for use with your family.

Materials:

Three colors of cardstock, a bunch of sheets
Fine line marker such as a Sharpie fine line black marker
Paper cutter for easy cutting, or scissors

Cut up one color of card stock to have 24 pieces about 2x2 inches in size.
On each small square, write the long version of the phrase.

In a matching color cardstock, make the Bingo sheets:
I used a 5x5 grid with a FREE spot in the middle.
Looking at the cards as a key, in a random pattern, write the contraction for each phrase on the sheet.
Write small enough so that your words fit on a 5x5 grid.
When done cut off the blank part, the left over part of the Bingo sheet.
Make as many Bingo sheets as your family needs. I make enough for me to play along with my children.
Be sure to make each Bingo card have a different placement of the contractions! The cards cannot be identical.

I realized that having the cards match the Bingo sheets by color is a simple way to organize and store these.

My method:
I took a list off of the Internet with the contractions on it. Set A was some that I began with. Set B was other unique contractions from the list. Set C has the last of the unique contractions then I filled it the blanks with random ones from Set A and Set B.

Playing the game: We used little plastic Bingo chips from a Bingo game we own to cover the answers. If you do not have these in your home you can cut up tiny squares of cardstock to use to cover the numbers with.

I hope this is useful for your family!

Set A

Are not aren’t
Can not can’t
Could have could’ve
Did not didn’t
Do not don’t
Does not doesn’t
Had not hadn’t
He would he’d
Here is here’s
I am I’m
I had I’d
I have I’ve
I will I’ll
I would I’d
Is not isn’t
It is it’s
It will it’ll
Let us let’s
She would she’d
There is there’s
They will they’ll
We are we’re
We have we’ve
We would we’d

Set B

Has not hasn’t
Have not haven’t
He has he’s
He is he’s
He will he’ll
Here is here’s
Might have might’ve
Must have must’ve
Must not mustn’t
Ought not ought’nt
She has she’s
She is she’s
She will she’ll
They are they’re
They have they’ve
Was not wasn’t
We will we’ll
We would we’d
Who is who’s
You are you’re
You had you’d
You have you’ve
You will you’ll
You would you’d

Set C

Can not can’t
I have I’ve
I will I’ll
I would I’d
It is it’s
Let us let’s
Shall not shan’t
She has she’s
Should have should’ve
Should not shouldn’t
That it that’s
There is there’s
They have they’ve
They will they’ll
They would they’d
Was not wasn’t
We would we’d
Were not weren’t
What is what’s
Will not won’t
Would have would’ve
Would not wouldn’t
You are you’re
You have you’ve

Technorati Tags: , .

No comments: