Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Five Nights Until Christmas Eve?

Wow this is really coming up fast!

I can’t believe that in five nights we’ll be in full swing with the Christmas Eve celebrations at our home.

Due to being down to the wire, I spent the morning making Christmas cookies. Some of these are for gifts for friends and relatives. The children and I made:

Sugar cookies, 2 batches of dough (need to finish tomorrow)
Thumbprint Cookies with jam
Pignoli Cookies, 2 batches
Anginette’s (need to do the frosting tomorrow)

I also took the kids to a birthday party.

I did some shopping for gifts on behalf of my mother-in-law, at two stores (alone). I tanked up on gas. The kids and I went to the grocery store to buy candy to make the gingerbread house with.

Tomorrow morning I’ll hopefully make the gingerbread house pieces (bake them off). I will hopefully frost the Anginette’s and set them to harden up a bit. And I am going to try to make some sugar cookies (the kids want to do the cutting and the decorating).

A schooled boy is coming over for a playdate (they are having a half-day.) Then he and my kids and I will be off to a Christmas party for some homeschooling families. Then home for an easy dinner then off to Youth Group at church (I volunteer there) for their Christmas party. The friend is coming as a guest. And now my husband is going to a wake so I'll take my younger son along to Youth Group as well. Then I'll drop that boy off on my way home. I should roll in at about 9:15 p.m.

I guess that last minute cleaning and tidying up the house will be crammed into this weekend? The major work will be to clean up after all this Christmas cooking and baking work and do a big cleaning to make everything shine and sparkle. I hate being criticized or feeling judged regarding my home by my husband's family. I try to not give them anything they could possibly pick on. We will have 18 guests for Christmas Eve dinner this year!

And right now I’m off to fold five loads of laundry.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Lylah said...

phew! you go woman! -)

lovely site...blessings....and merry christmas! lylah