Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Me In August 2007


Here is a picture I took of myself earlier this month. I figured I needed a new photo on my blog and there was a challenge on the Creative Mom Podcast to take a portrait of ourselves by holding the camera in one hand and snapping the photo.

It was a spur of the moment thing. Not much makeup, hair "as is", etc. This is the real me, summer style, with sun-bleached hair. I took it the evening of my older son's tenth birthday, on a whim when I went to grab the camera out of my car. So here I am, mother of a double-digit child, the 40 year old me.

In case you noticed a change, last month I decided my hair style was not flattering so cut off three inches. I am back to short hair after a bunch of years with longer hair.

5 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

It's a really good picture. And you're not so old yet. I am in the latter half of my forties with a child in her early twenties.
I don't believe I am old enough to have such a child. But I do!

Anyway, you look great! Some people just don't need make-up and look beautiful naturally!

christinemm said...

Wow Elisheva, I am flattered. Thanks so much for the compliment!

Judy Aron said...

Great picture!
It captures your upbeat, mischievous and joyful personality.
No make-up necessary!

christinemm said...

Thanks Judy. I'd like to be more upbeat and joyful instead of so serious. I'm working on it. LOL.

Shawna said...

You are adorable! Very beautiful!!! And it is amazing how our children's age makes us age LOL