Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm Turning 40 This Month

Well this month I turn the big 4-0.

It is turning out to be "no big whoop".

I feel the same today as I did last month and the month before that.

My mind feels the same now as it did when I was younger. I have had more good and more bad experiences over the years, and both have made me wiser.

I do forget a few things now and then and I am beginning to have trouble reading teeny tiny font (and I'm not using cheaters yet) but other than that it seems that my birthday will pass as practially just another day.

And my female relatives have such long lives that 40 is not middle age in my family. So I am not stressing over this 'milestone' age. If my genes continue as my grandmothers do, then 45 or 50 will be my mid-life point.

1 comment:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Congrats! My 40's have been the best years of my life! Now I am looking forward to 50--in 2010!