Friday, April 13, 2007

Suspect Blogger is Causing Blogger Publishing Problems

This is my fourth day of having major problems trying to blog here at Blogger (blogspot). I have tried probably 30 times each day to publish a simple blog entry, and failed.

I was using Internet Explorer which I've used basically since I first started using a computer. I had a couple different error messages which were all basically saying "unable to connect to Blogger".

I have been all over the net looking for what this could be, as all over the Blogger site. I can't find an outcry of anyone else complaining of suddenly having problems like me. But I did find references that IE was not perfectly compatible with the new Blogger software. So today I changed over to FireFox2 and am trying it.

Well after publishing this blog post and one other, I was unable to edit or make any new posts.

I am backlogged with entries I've written that I am unable to publish.

I have wasted a ton of time trying to figure out what was wrong, incorrectly blaming my own PC or my software.

I emailed Blogger asking what is up and why aren't they sharing the problem? However, so far, no reply and I see nothing on their site that says that they are acknowledging a problem. SIGH.

If this keeps up I will either slow way down on blogging or else may move to another blog host. Ugh.

UPDATE 5/03/07: Check this site to see if it helps you if you are having problems.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Christine, I had problems posting and then trying to view my blog on Thur the 12th I think. I just gave it up and chalked it up to "one of those computer problems." I tried again the next day and it worked fine. So... I don't know what happened, but just wanted to let you know you were not alone in experiencing problems.
Melanie

VIKING ZEN said...

I am having the same problem- using both IE, Mozilla, and Opera. Sometimes it works, sometimes i can't get anything to work. And I have come across a forum of folks having the same exact problem. And no, Blogger hasn't gotten back to me on this problem either.
Good luck...It's so annoying, isn't it?? Grrrrrr.