Here are my intentions, reasons, aims and goals I have for attending the big homeschooling conference last weekend.
1. To be in a room with 2500 other homeschoolers! To feel not alone in this journey. To feel the energy that emanates from everyone. I haven’t had this experience in two years, so I feel overdue.
2. To attend some homeschooling lectures to reinforce that homeschooling is good and right. I’m looking for general topics of encouragement. I am not really looking for topics about how to teach, methods, styles etc.
3. I am thinking about using the Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) for a writing composition program. That is the main product/book that I need to research while at this conference. I want to attend the vendor lecture they are giving. I want to look at the program and hold it in my hands and figure out what it is. I have been unable to get the gist that I am looking for by reading the IEW website. I have checked the resale prices online and they are not a deep discount. I will purchase this at this conference if it looks worthwhile and do-able for our family.
4. I want to browse to see if I can find a good children’s Bible to purchase.
5. I want to find a nice Bible that I can read. I need to hold these in my hands and look at them. I want a Bible that does not have pages that are translucent.
6. I want to browse around for living books and just see what is around in a very relaxed manner and not necessarily purchase anything because I have so much here that is still unread.
7. I am on a strict budget and need to not over-spend. I need to remember this and to keep myself under control at this conference.
(Note: I wrote this before I attended the conference but was unable to publish it at that time due to problems I'm having with the Blogger site.)
Technorati Tags: homeschooling, homeschooling conference, homeschooling conference New England.