Saturday, April 29, 2006

Practical Tip for Bloggers

Write your blog entry in a word processing program. Save the document. Then copy it and paste it into your blogging program. Make any adjustments, add links or whatever formatting you need to do in the blogging website. Copy the contents, paste them into your word processor program, and save them. Then go back to the Internet window and publish your blog entry.

That is what I do and it works. I just went against my usual process and composed in my Blogger account and with one accidental click I deleted the whole blog entry. Poof. Gone. Grrrr.

If you use Blogger you might try to quickly hit ‘recover post’. I messed it up and didn’t do that and the whole thing is gone.

Don’t let it happen to you!

1 comment:

Celestino. said...

If my post contains a whole lotta words, I'd first create it in Notepad (or sometimes in IncrediMail) then copy and paste it into blogger. :)