Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Attention Parents: Today Bruce Springsteen Released a New Album of American Folk Songs

Today Bruce Springsteen released a new album which features American Folk Songs written by folk singer Pete Seeger, called “We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions”.



I am a huge Bruce Springsteen fan but am excited not only for this as a Springsteen fan who is an adult person, I am excited that this is good, clean American Folk Music that I can listen to with my children.

So, attention parents, this is a great way to expose your children to classic American folk songs.

Homeschooling parents: this would make a great addition to your curriculum as part of American history or music studies.

If you would like to watch a video of the recording of “John Henry” (or just listen to it) go to this Amazon link and press the ‘play’ button that appears under the little video screen. Listening to this gives a flavor of what the music is like overall.



My husband saw a video of one of the songs on Country Music Television last weekend. I guess this is begin marketed to country music listeners.

To find out more about this album or to hear about his concert tour, go to Springsteen’s website: BruceSpringsteen.net.

Technorati Tags: , , .

4 comments:

Karen said...

Christine,
Thanks for commenting over on my blog.

I clicked through your profile and saw Confederacy of Dunces on your Fav. list--I've never even met anyone else who has read that book (aside from my father who rec'd it to me)! That's so cool!

wisteria said...

Thanks! I am a folk music junkie. I just purchased the album from iTunes! I don't think I've ever purchased anything on the release date. Thanks for letting me be cool one time!

christinemm said...

Somehow I had heard that in New Orleans there was a statue of J.Reilly of "Confederancy of Dunces" standing on Canal Street near the clock just where, in the book, he stood to catch the bus.

I just had to have my photo taken with the statue. My older son was just a toddler then, and I was alone with him, so I had a stranger snap the photo.

I should go find it and post it on my blog.

I was thinking of re-reading it. I read it about seven years ago. It is one of the only books I have ever read that made me literally laugh out loud, even in public. I was enjoying the book too much to care what people thought of me.

EnergyAnalyst said...

I know Christine knows this already, but I wouldn't listen to Bruce even if he was singing Ave' Maria.