Saturday, July 16, 2005

Harry Potter #6 Book Arrived

Yes, we are doing Harry Potter. I caved in and in April we joined the millions who are reading and listening and watching Harry Potter books, audiobooks, and movies. I gave in to the peer pressure. I held off on this for years, but now we are part of the mainstream (on this one thing, at least). Why I held off and why I caved in is a story for another day. The only thing I will say is that while my kids have something else to connect with their peers about, we all still have to contend with those who abstain from HP and now I get negative vibes from the parents who choose to continue abstaining from HP. So while it is easy to be doing something mainstream, it does not mean 100% acceptance from everyone. Nothing in life is that perfect, I guess. No matter what someone does there will be someone unhappy with it or someone will criticize it!

Just wanted to quickly post that today when we got home we found that my pre-ordered book from Amazon had arrived with our regular mail from the USPS. I am going to begin reading it aloud, in a few minutes. I had been confused as Amazon said UPS was shipping it, but I knew they don’t work on Saturdays, yet the delivery was supposed to be guaranteed to be delivered today (Saturday, the day of release). I am glad to have it today.

We are about ¾ done with Book 5 which we are listening to while in the car. The audiobook is 27 hours long! The kids don’t want to finish Book 5 before delving into Book 6.

Perhaps for Book 7 we will do the bookstore party/wait in line for hours to buy the book at full price at midnight thing, just because it may be fun and it will be the last chance we have to do it. For this year, pre-ordering the book and paying 40% with zero work from me was so convenient that I could not resist.

2 comments:

u said...

Hey there, just wanted to say 'hello' and that I've added you to my friends list, I am enjoying your blog! :)

christinemm said...

Hi DawneMichelle, Glad to have you at my blog. I am going to read your blog now. Checked out your "about me" area. I am reading "Saving Childhood" right now. "Phantom of the Opera" is a favorite of mine. I read the book, have seen the musical a few times and love the soundtrack. I also read the book a number of years back. "All I Ask of You" was my wedding song!