A list of things I thought I would have done by this point in the academic year (or in general) but have not:
1. Read alouds not read yet:
a. “Just So Stories” by Rudyard Kipling
b. “Aesop’s Fables” by Aesop, Illustrated by Milo Winter
c. American Tall Tales (Paul Bunyan, etc.)
d. Read a lot of high quality, children’s versions of Grimm’s Fairy Tales (for whatever reason we have read poor quality versions)
e. Read Hans Christian Anderson fairy tales
f. Thornton Burgess stories
2. Get back to reading fiction picture books daily. We get a lot of homeschooling done but the fun, relaxing picture books have taken a backseat to the other work and running errands!
3. Read poetry aloud at least once per week.
4. Introduce (mainly to son, 7.5) some basic fine art instruction (perspective, etc.).
5. Do some fine art studies this academic year.
6. Do some composer studies this academic year.
7. Have my husband or father build a tree fort with my children for my children!
8. Make a children’s garden (for playing in).
9. Start a vegetable garden and flower garden and have my children help and hopefully, they will enjoy it!